Physiotherapy is a regulated health profession committed to evidence-based practice and is regulated in Ontario by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. We are university educated and currently require a 4 year undergraduate degree prior to commencement of a formal 2 year Masters program for completion of a degree in physiotherapy.
We treat musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and neurological patients of all ages.
Our experienced physiotherapists will perform an in-depth assessment for your condition consisting typically of;
- Scanning for unusual symptom presentations
- Assessing Active, Passive and Functional Movements
- Palpation of Muscle, Tendon, Bone and Vascular structures
- Performing Functional Strength Testing/Manual Muscle Testing
- Assessing the joint function with respect to stability and biomechanics
- Using Special Tests to help rule in or rule out various competing diagnoses
- Education regarding the diagnosis based on the subjective and objective findings
The physiotherapist will identify with you those impairments noted in the assessment and formulate an evidence-based individualized treatment plan that may consist of any of the following dependent upon your diagnosis:
* Diagnosis - The most likely condition(s) causing your problem
* Prognosis - How long it will take for you to get better
* Contributing Factors - those factors that influence your recovery
* Prevention - develop strategies to prevent re-occurrence